A new insert for the ODU AMC® High-Density connector in size 0 is the ideal choice to meet the increasing technical requirements – especially if size and weight are critical factors.
Future soldier programs – ASA in the U.S., GSA in the U.K., IdZ-ES / Gladius 2.0 in Germany and GOSSRA in the EU – and military equipment will definitely need connectors that meet the new challenges:
- Climate-related challenges – extremely low or high temperatures
- Digital challenges in the area of wearables for soldiers, such as the use of augmented reality and real-time data transmission, night-vision systems, laser modules or C4ISTAR systems
The next generation of tactical helmets, power supplies, and power distribution systems for tactical radios and reconnaissance equipment (e.g., for remote surveillance and intelligence gathering) will also require reliable, safe high-performance connectors.
What is special about this new insert?
A larger contact diameter of 0.7 mm ensures increased durability when subjected to strong mechanical impacts. The 7-contacts configuration is a more future-proof solution when compared to any other 6-contacts NETT-Warrior connector. Performance requirements are increasing; customers will be looking for a suitable alternative to meet these new challenges.
- Reconnaissance, monitoring
- Advanced weapon accessories
- Mobile devices
- Power distribution systems
- Augmented reality
- Hearing protection with integrated headset
- Counter-IED operations (for training & combat situations)
ODU AMC® High-Density, Size 0 and 12-contacts inserts
Furthermore, ODU has built a new insert that enables power transmission via USB 3.2 Gen1x1 plus 5A. It allows easier PCB-routing than the previous version, which requires a more complex rigid-flex structure.
Thanks to an advanced contact-pin pattern developed on the basis of real-world physical conditions, the new insert can deliver the full nominal current when used in a PCB.
Wearable technology for soldiers such as GPS, tactical computers, C4ISTAR systems, etc. and for all markets and applications in which size and weight are critical.